(Authors DVD Collection/LIONSGATE)
Life is a do-over, as someone once said. Three years ago, the actor, bodybuilder, real estate mogul and former Governor of California returned to the big screen with an action thriller, “The Last Stand”. While Director Jee-woon Kim used an interpreter to communicate to the crew, Schwarzenegger found him enjoyable to work with.
The film’s cast included one of Brazil’s most famous actors Rodrigo Santoro, Forest Whitaker, who won an Academy Award for his performance as Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in the 2006 film, “The Last King of Scotland”, comic actor Johnny Knoxville, well-remembered for his series of “Jack Ass” films in 2002 and 2006 and Jaimie Alexander, who appeared in Marvel Comics’ “Thor” series.
The following are five quotes from Arnold Schwarzenegger for a Monday:
1. For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
2. The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
3. Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
4. Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
5. Help others and give something back. I guarantee you will discover that while public service improves the lives and the world around you, its greatest reward is the enrichment and new meaning it will bring your own life.